Do I need to use an xsc file to restart a simulation in NVT?

From: Ana Celia Araujo Vila Verde (avilaverde_at_engr.psu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 10:41:07 CDT

Dear NAMD users,

I am restarting a simulation that was performed in the NVT ensemble. Do I need to use the xsc file in my restart simulation?

I have thought about this and my guess is "no", because the simulation cell does not change its shape in an NVT simulation. However, I'd like to confirm this before I continue. I have read the manual and searched the archives in the NAMD list but I could not find any information about this.

Thank you in advance for everyone's time and attention. Best regards,

Ana

_________________________________
Ana Célia Araújo Vila Verde
Penn State University