Re: PME pair interaction analysis

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2006 - 16:35:34 CDT

Hi Holly,
as long as you're using a 2.6 series version of NAMD, it will properly
handle the dcd's periodicity information (so long as AMBER writes that
correctly -- this is one part I cannot vouch for) and be able to use PME
with pair interactions. I do have one question though -- when you say
you want to get PME periodic interactions, does this mean you /only/
want periodic interactions, or periodic interactions plus those within a
single unit cell? If you mean the former, you'll obviously have to do
one non-periodic, non-pme calculation to subtract the in-cell energy off.

VMD's NAMDEnergy plugin provides a gui for writing namd config files to
do pair interaction calculations, which may be helpful to give you
examples. The bleeding edge version of it also supports PME; let me know
if you're interested in trying that out and I can send you a copy.

Best,
Peter