Re: Lipid bilayer center go away from center of system.

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2006 - 20:55:11 CDT

A couple things I noticed:

If you are using a *.restart.xsc file, you don't need to define the
cellOrigin again. For similar reasons, you should remove the
"reinitvels" option which might override the binVelocities.

Also, make sure your PME GridSizes aren't too small. They should be
at least equal to the dimensions of your box (keeping the 2,3,5 rule
in mind of course).

Is the drift random across multiple simulations? Or is it always in
the same direction? Check how the duplicate cells look in VMD; you
can check "z" under the periodic tab.