water hole

From: Sting (stg1979_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 21:45:40 CDT

Dear All,

I am using namd to study trihelices in the water box. Minimization and 500ps CA restrained dynamics were performed. I found a strange phenomenon: sevral holes without water formed in the water box(even afer adding the water layer to 15 angstrom),and with the rotating of the trihelices,the holes seem moving accordingly. Still when performing SMD,the water holes remain and adjust while going on. I wondered how to explain it and how to tackle the problem. Could anyone offer some help? Thanks.

 ==========
#forcefield
paratypecharmm on
parameters par_all27_prot_lipid.inp

#molecules
structure solvated.psf
coordinates solvated.pdb

temperature 310

#temp & pressure coupling
langevin on
langevinTemp 310
langevinDamping 1
useGroupPressure yes
#output
outputname mini_eq
outputEnergies 10
restartfreq 500
DCDfreq 500
binaryoutput no
binaryrestart yes
outputTiming 100
wrapAll on
wrapNearest off
wrapWater on

#integrator
timestep 2
nonbondedFreq 2
fullElectFrequency 4
stepspercycle 20

#approximations
rigidBonds all
rigidTolerance 0.00000001
cutoff 12
switching on
switchdist 10
pairlistdist 14
#margin 3
exclude scaled1-4
1-4scaling 1.0 # 1.0 for Charmm, 0.833333 for Amber
dielectric 1.0
PME on
cellBasisVector1 90.045 0 0
cellBasisVector2 0 32.650 0