Re: Generating lipid bilayer model

From: Cesar Luis Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 13:23:06 CST

Hi Yong,
I think VMD plugin uses pre equilibrated membranes to start from and
then replicates it along x and y axis. Building a model membrane from
scratch is not straightforward. As a guide you could read "Molecular
dynamics simulation of a phosphatidylglycerol membrane" FEBS Letters 580
(2006) 144-148 D.E. Elmore.
You may also use some pre equilibrated membranes available on the web.
Regards
Cesar