constraining water so that it does not get inside bilayer

From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_dtc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 14:06:35 CST

Hi,

During equilibration of a transmembrane peptide-bilayer system, I want to
avoid water entering the bilayer, mainly because I need the system to
equilibrate to the right area before running contraint-free dynamics. Is
there a way to setup planar harmonic constraints in NAMD ?

If not, I guess I will have set up constraints on all waters during
equilibration ?

If so, will the simulation crash if the area of the bilayer/peptide
assembly shrinks ?

Thanks a ton for the inputs !

Himanshu Khandelia

Doctoral Candidate,
Kaznessis Research,
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science,
University of Minnesota

Mailing Address:

499, Walter Library,
117, Pleasant St. SE,