Re: Can any one help me with this parallel issue

From: Morad Alawneh (alawneh_at_chem.byu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 09:42:58 CST

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried to compile namd following your instructions, but it did not work for me. It was OK for charm++ but not for namd compilation.

Does any one have any new suggestions?

Thanks for all.

Morad Alawneh

C100 BNSN, BYU

Provo, UT 84602

Sterling Paramore wrote:
I really don't know a whole lot about processors, but I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EM64T.  So apparently the instruction sets are not exactly the same.  Yes, I think you should still try it with the intel compiler.

-Sterling

Morad Alawneh wrote:

*Thanks for your relying.

The reason why I compiled namd using amd64 option is even that cluster is has Xeon intel processors but the instructions for it is AMD instructions.

So do you still think that I have to install intel vesion, even I tried intel but it gave me a lot of warning messages?

Thanks
*

/*Morad Alawneh*/

*Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry*

*C100 BNSN, BYU*

*Provo, UT 84602*