question on membrane protein simulation

From: Longzhu Shen (lzshen_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 04:56:44 CST

Dear All,

I am trying simulating membrane protein with NAME, following the steps
indicated by http://mccammon.ucsd.edu/~rlaw/ctbp_workshop_rlaw.htm,
I was encountered with the problems below. Could anyone give me some help?
Many thanks.

The question is:

I inserted the protein into the membrane, combined them together, added the
solvation and ions. All went smoothly. But after minimization, I found the
protein moved out of the membrane from its original place--in the center of
the member. What's more, the membrane fell into four parts and most water
molecules moved to one the end of the model.

Sincerely,

Longzhu Shen