Re: saving coordinates as a PDB file after minimization in NAMD

From: LEWYN LI (ll2150_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 16:32:19 CDT

Richard,

         You could just start the simulation with the binary .coor file.
If you wish to do that, you need to specify BOTH "coordinates" and
"bincoordinates" in your .conf file. For example:

coordinates something.pdb
bincoordinates the_coor_file_from_minimization.coor

         The coordinates in "something.pdb" will be ignored.

         If you absolutely do not want to use binary .coor, you can load
the binary .coor into vmd (you need to invoke the .psf file first) and
then save the coordinates as pdb via "File -> Save coordinates". You lose
a little bit of accuracy with ASCII relative to binary.

         Hope this helps.

                                                         LEWYN