It appears that the Claim that NAMD works with gromacs is false

From: Jim Kress (beowulf_at_kressworks.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 19:43:42 CDT

I've tried several of the simple examples provided by the gromacs people,
using the directions found in the NAMD user guide. To date I have been
unable to get them to work with NAMD. I admit it may be user error but I
have yet to find one.

I'd be more than happy to provide more info to anyone off the list who
claims to have been able to use gromacs top and gro file to run NAMD
simulations since the scaling of gromacs is poor compared to NAMD but the FF
set is more encompassing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Kress