concatenating two or more dcd files

From: Jorge Pikunic (jorge.pikunic_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 10:44:07 CDT

Hi,

I am loading several dcd files from MD simulations. If I have a file
that goes, for example, from timestep 1 to 10000, and another file,
which is a continuation run of the first one, from timestep 9000 to
15000, what happens when I load one and then the other file? I would
like a trajectory that goeas from 1 to 15000 (without duplicating the
frames corresponding to 9000-10000). Are the frames corresponding to
timesteps 9000-10000 from the first dcd file overwritten when I load the
files in VMD? or are ALL frames loaded sequentially? What is the best
way of concatenating several dcd files?

Thank you,

Jorge