Re: box size changes under anisotropic pressure coupling

From: Philip Blood (philb_at_hec.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 14:28:11 CDT

Now that I think about it some more, I am not surprised to see this
behavior. I think this is just a small system size effect. I heard
from another person who saw the opposite box size change: 1 angstrom in
the x direction and 8 angstroms in the y. I think with a small system,
for any given configuration there will be very large differences in the
pressure in the two directions that can cause it to relax much more in
one direction. In fact, I checked a simulation I did that was 10x
larger (720 lipids) with anisotropic pressure coupling and I saw nearly
isotropic box size changes in the x and y directions.

For the small system I think I will allow it to equilibrate under the
constant x-y ratio condition and then go from there.

Phil