Re: Compiling NAMD with mpicc myrinet

From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 14:08:44 CST

Well there is one way to make this work, but it isn't pretty. Someone
else should have any easier solution I hope.

What I did for my system was to create a cc-mpiicc.sh script in the
charm/source/arch/common/ directory that contained the compiler command I
wanted to use. This is messy, but the build script won't complain as it
"sees" that a file named mpiicc is present when I issue the following
command.

./build charm++ mpi-linux mpiicc blah blah ...

Just my $0.02 worth
Brian

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Edward Patrick Obrien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> QUESTION:
> My question is how do I get the build command to use the mpicc compiler,
> which doesn't appear to be supported?
>
> BACKGROUND:
> I'm trying to figure out how to compile namd with the following compiler
>
> mpich-1.2.5..12_04_01_2004/bin/mpicc
>
> so that I can compile namd for a myrinet linux cluster. We have version 2
> of the gm library. After downloading NAMD_2.5_Source.tgz, and downloading
> charm-5.8 this is what I tried:
>
> ./build charm++ mpi-linux $CC gm2
>
> where I setenv CC /v/apps/mpich-1.2.5..12_04_01_2004/bin/mpicc
>
> The result is:
> Error> option: ./build is not supported in this version!
> Supported compilers: pgcc cxx gcc3 gcc icc iccstatic kcc pgcc xlc64 xlc
>
> We set the environement variable CC to the path because it appears this
> variable is used in one of the make files to reference the compiler.
>
> Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated,
> Thanks,
> Ed

  Brian Bennion, Ph.D.
  Bioscience Directorate
  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
  P.O. Box 808, L-448 bennion1_at_llnl.gov
  7000 East Avenue phone: (925) 422-5722
  Livermore, CA 94550 fax: (925) 424-6605