Re: using namd to compute energies

From: Shirley Hui (shirleyhui_at_alumni.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 14:24:46 CST

I don't know if this will do what you want, but you can use mdenergy to
calculate energies of structures in DCD. I don't know if you can compute the
energy of just the ligand with one amino acid though - I've never used it in
that way before. I think the tool can be used from VMD as well.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/mdenergy/
The energy calculation is the same as what NAMDs uses to compute energies
(minus rounding errors).
shirley