Re: Question about Generating DCD files with only specified atoms

From: Joshua D. Moore (jdmoore_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 22:23:02 CST

Hi Pijush and Sterling,

I do use catdcd with the index file. It is very useful, and I guess I can
just do this. However, I wanted something that would actually write the
dcd files I wanted. I can easily include this post processing with catdcd
in a script, but I want to refrain from writing the large files in the
first place.

By the way, Pijush, I asked you about the catdcd 4.0 source. It is in the
CVS plugin source tree if anyone ever needs to find it. I also remembered
where I got the binaries now. They are in the vmd_plugin library updates
for many architectures.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/

Thanks again guys. If anyone knows how to do generate dcd files with namd
runs with only specified atoms, I still haven't figured it out, but I
guess I can stick with the post processing with catdcd for now.

Maybe if this option doesn't already exist, it could be added to a future
version of NAMD?

Josh