restart a simulation

From: Shirley Li (li19104_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 16:15:35 CST

Hi All,

I'm a new user of NAMD, and I have some questions
below:

1) Is it recommended or required that
langevinPistonDecay should be smalled than
langevinPistonPeriod?

2) For a restart run, in the configuration file, does
the portion that specifies periodic boundry condition
(containing CellBasicVector and CellOrigin) HAVE TO be
removed?

2) For a restart run again, should the keywords for
input be "binCoordinates" instead of "Coordinates",
and "binStructure" and "binVelocities" as well?

Thank you very much.

Shirley

http://farechase.yahoo.com