Re: trying to generate a peptide

From: Richard Wood (rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 11:39:44 CDT

Thanks to all who wrote with suggestions.

I finally got it to work and generated a new pdb and
psf file.

There's one last problem with this sequence, still,
though. I just realized that the first tyrosine
residue has a chlorine atom on the 3-position. So,
how do I handle that? (probably need a new topology
for tryosine-3-Cl)

Next, I want to build a peptide that has the sequence
Prop-Arg-Tyr-Tyr-Arg-Arg-Nme. In other words, Ace
becomes Prop (propyl). How does one handle that?

Thanks again,
Richard

> On 26 Oct 2005, at 15:26, Richard Wood wrote:
>
> > Well, if you add up the atoms of the sequence,
> using
> > NAMD/psfgen you'd get 152 atoms I believe. My pdb
> > file has 150 (including hydrogens).
> >
> > The program that I used to build the peptide
> before
> > defines NMe as NH-CH3, or six atoms, and not
> CO-NH-CH3
> > (i.e, CT3), which is 8.
> >
> > Regardless of this, the output I get tells me
> "unknown
> > residue type ACE" or "unknown residue type CT3".
> >
> > So it still doesn't work.
> >
> > here's my input:
> >
> > topology top_all22_prot.inp
> >
> > segment test { pdb VII-87-B.ent
> > first ACE
> > last CT3
> > }
> >
> > coordpdb VII-87-B.ent test
> >
> > guesscoord
> >
> > writepdb 787B.pdb
> > writepsf 787B.psf
> > exit
> >
> > And here's the output...
> >
> > Created by CHARMM version 22 1
> > building segment TEST
> > reading residues from pdb file VII-87-B.ent
> > extracted 8 residues from pdb file
> > setting patch for first residue to ACE
> > setting patch for last residue to CT3
> > Info: generating structure...
> > unknown residue type ACE
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > --- Michel Espinoza-Fonseca
> <mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> those are both residues and patches, and usually
> you
> >> use them the way I wrote you before... I'm not
> very
> >> clear on what you want to get (NME and CT3 are
> the
> >> same thing!). Remember that you're patching the
> >> termini, so you'll have a CO tail + the
> >> N-metylamide.
> >>
> >> If you think that this is not clear enough, take
> >> look to the topology file. After the "standard"
> >> residues, you'll find the respective patches et
> al.
> >>
> >> Michel

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com