Re: namdplot: command not found

From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 10:32:00 CDT

Actually, the tutorials are designed to run on the Mac, using a
number of Unix utilities. The scripts they use work on both OS X and
Linux, for the most part.

The namdplot script is available at
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/utilities/>

However, it uses the Grace plotting program (xmgrace) which you may
need to install on your Mac. The DarwinPorts system somewhat
simplifies installation of programs like xmgrace.
<http://www.darwinports.com/>

Note that to install Grace, you may also need X11, from your Mac OS X
installation CD, and the X11 SDK, from the Apple XCode disk. XCode
comes with OS X, and is also available for download from the Apple
developer site.

Robert