RE: autoionize & namd2

From: Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 02:51:08 CDT

Hi Bo,

I just checked your script and I found some important mistakes. Your script does not follow the "normal" pathway towards a successful equilibration of your system, and you're getting this error because you're almost avoiding the heating process, so the atoms are moving too fast.
Attached please find a script template that might be useful for your equilibrations. You will need a 2 more pdb's. You can modify some of the parameters, but you have to add on it the information of YOUR system.
Take a look to the following webpage: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/tutorial/NCSA2002/hands-on/
You'll find useful things there, including how to create the 2 extra pdb files you need.
Hope it helps,
Michel