Re: vmd-l: Sybyl trajectory

From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 09:43:23 CDT

Hi,
  Well, I'm dubious as to the claim that it's not possible to read
the binary files, after all, if they can read them, why can't we?
More likely they are simply unable or unwilling to provide the
file format specification for the binary history files. If they would
provide a file format specification, would be a relatively simple
matter to write a trajectory reader plugin for VMD. We already support
many other binary trajectory formats, including automatic endianism
conversion. In any case, ASCII is certainly better than nothing.
If you have files you can send me, that'd be helpful.

Thanks,