Re: problem when heating the system

From: Sascha Tayefeh (sascha_at_pc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 01:26:25 CDT

 Hi!

 It is very likely, that your system is still not relaxed sufficiantly
to start a simulation. There could be several reasons, e.g. unsatisfied
force-field restraints, wrong boundary conditions and many more.

 First, I'd give a smaller stepsize a try:

timestep 0.1

 then a much lower temperature, e.g. 1K. If all this does not work, try
a higher dcdfreq (since I assume your simulation crashed earlier than
100 steps), e.g.:

dcdfreq 10

 and have a look at the trajectory, maybe using VMD. Watch atom 47. It
is supposed to move much faster. Try to find out why and you're much
closer to solve your problem.

Sincerly

S.T.