Re: vmd-l: Script for calculating energy of a water molecule

From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 14:32:41 CDT

Hi,
  VMD doesn't have the means to calculate energies directly, but this
can be done using NAMD, or with the "MDEnergy" package by Jan Saam.
The next version of VMD will have a plugin that invokes NAMD to
calculate various energies. If you want, I can provide you with a
test version of VMD that contains that plugin. Jan's tool is available here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/mdenergy/