Re: catdcd and dcdunitcell

From: Joshua D. Moore (jdmoore_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 16:04:00 CDT

Phil,

I am getting caddcd to compile, but it still isn't writing the unit cell
information. It is just skipping it. To the best of my knowledge it is
writing the coordinates out correctly. Unless it writes the unit cell
information differently than it did in the original NAMD output (CHARMM
format)? I am trying to compile it on IBM - AIX 5.2 at the SDSC
supercomputing center. I am using the VMD plugins found from
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/libraries/plugins/plugins-AIX4.tar.gz

I am using the catdcd source code from

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/catdcd/files/catdcd-3.0.tar.gz

My Makefile is:

CC = gcc
CFLAGS = -lm
PLUGINDIR = /dsgpfs2/jdmoore/plugins
ARCH = AIX4

catdcd.$(ARCH): catdcd.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -I$(PLUGINDIR)/$(ARCH)/catdcd.c
-L$(PLUGINDIR)/$(ARCH)/ -lmolfile-plugin -o $@ -lm

clean:
       rm -f catdcd.o catdcd.$(ARCH)

My plugin files:

importgraphics_plugin.h
libmolfile_plugin.a
libmolfile_plugin.h
molfile_plugin.h
vmdplugin.h

all are located in /dsgpfs2/jdmoore/plugins/AIX4 directory.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or can someone give me updated
VMD plugin files for AIX ? Or can someone give me the updated source code
for the VMD plugin files? I cannot find it?

Thanks.

Joshua Moore