Re: changing file

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 05:07:19 CDT

Hi Deb,

When using bincoordinates, you still have to include a "coordinates" statement
and provide a PDB file. The coordinates in it will be ignored.

If you still have to convert your binary file, load it in VMD (load a PSF file
first). Then select the molecule and use the "save coordinates" dialog.

By the way, comments like "it did not work" are not precise enough - in most
cases - for people to understand your problem. When you report something that
went wrong, it is advisable to quote whatever error message you got.

Best,
Jerome

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 10:18, Deborah Jameson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wanted to change the binary coor file to pdb file to use it for another
> simulation and I used command bincoordinates mentioned in mailing list but
> it did not work. does anybody know how to change binary file to pdb file ?
> would you please mention all necessary procedure to do so.
>
> Thanks in advanced
> Deb

Jérôme Hénin
Equipe de Dynamique des Assemblages Membranaires
Université Henri Poincaré / CNRS
Tel : (33) 3 83 68 43 95        Fax : (33) 3 83 68 43 87
http://www.edam.uhp-nancy.fr/