Re: FEP - one long simulation vs many short ones

From: Mauricio Carrillo Tripp (trippm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 18:27:24 CDT

I believe the idea is to go from lambda=0 to lambda=1 (or the opposite)
in a 'smooth' way.
If I understand correctly by what you describe, you start from a
configuration
with lambda=0.5, for all points in between 0 and 1!? That wouldn't give you
a smooth transformation
from lambda=0.5 to lambda=1 (or 0), or any points in between but maybe only
those with lambda close to 0.5
Then again, I might be wrong. I've never done any FEP, just read the theory,
so
anybody, please correct me if I am wrong...

--
Mauricio Carrillo Tripp, PhD
Department of Chemistry