Re: Multiple Harmonic Constraints

From: nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 08:37:34 CDT

(Sorry if I missed an earlier reply to this post...)

Sascha, I do believe your issue is simple to solve. In fact, you have
complete freedom to specify the strength of the restraint force for each
atom in your system individually. The numbers that you put into your chosen
column in the "consref" file provide an atom-by-atom specification of the
force constant to be used. So if you want certain atoms to be restrained
more strongly, you just put bigger numbers in the appropriate column for
those atoms; if you want no restraint on certain atoms, you put a zero in
the corresponding column.

For a large system, you would probably want to use a VMD script (if you're
familiar with that program) to easily create your "consref" file, with
certain numbers in the "conskcol" column for certain atom types.

Hope this was helpful!

- Erik

C. Erik Nordgren, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry