RE: regenerating PSF file

From: Pijush Ghosh (pijush.ghosh_at_ndsu.edu)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 10:01:51 CDT

Hello Cetin
    Yes actually you are right, in InsightII you can generate .psf file
after MD and this may be different from that of your initial one depending
upon atom positions and bond distance criteria, but in NAMD its different,
as Michael mentioned if you are not breaking the bonds by hand you can use
the same psf file again and again. PSF file in NAMD contains no information
about the non covalent bonds; you have to actually decide from coordinate
positions depending upon your own definition of non covalent bonds. Hope
this helps.

Pijush Ghosh
PhD Student
Department of Civil Engineering