Re: vmd-l: Interactive Simulations, ligand size limits....

From: Luis Rosales (ludwig_at_correo.biomedicas.unam.mx)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 18:19:58 CDT

 Hi John,

I have 2 proteins of about 80 residues each without explicit water, so I
think that the system is small-medium size...

About the crash, it happpens when I touch the molecule with the "mouse >
apply force > fragment" activated. In the best cases, I could see tiny
arrowheads appearing before the simulation dies. However I dont have
problems rotating, scaling, translating the system during the simulation.
I could apply force to individual atoms and residues without any problems,
as long as the force is not too big, as you said.
So, the problem happens when I intend to apply a force on a molecule bigger
than 15 residues.

I must apologize, just realized that I did not saved the error message, but
I will reproduce the problem and send to you the message as soon I got it...

Thanks for your help,

Luis