Re: NAMD attempting to read FFTW

From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 13:22:00 CST

Hello

This file is normally generated once and only once for each MD simulation
of the same system. If it can't read the file it will eventually timeout
and create one. The file contains optimizations/parameters for the
fourier transform code FFTW that can be reused if namd is called to run on
the same system.

Can you give us some details about the machine your running on, the
operating system, version of NAMD2.5, etc...

Brian

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Shirley Hui wrote:

> When I start a NAMD simulation, it never gets passed the line:
>
> Info: Attempting to read FFTW data from FFTW_NAMD_2.5_Linux-ia64-MPT.txt
>
> This file is never generated (as it is when I run it on a Windows machine).
> Does anyone know what might be the problem?
> Thanks,
> shirley

  Brian Bennion, Ph.D.
  Bioscience Directorate
  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
  P.O. Box 808, L-448 bennion1_at_llnl.gov
  7000 East Avenue phone: (925) 422-5722
  Livermore, CA 94550 fax: (925) 424-6605