Complementary programs for NAMD

From: Glenn Johnson (gjohnson_at_srrc.ars.usda.gov)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 13:32:24 CST

I have been working my way through tutorials and monitoring the list so
am still at newbie status. I plan on using the CSFF Charmm force field
(possibly the GLYCAM AMBER force field) for my simulations of
carbohydrates and I was wondering if I would benefit by also having a
copy of CHARMM/AMBER here, possibly for analysis, input generation, etc.
to complement NAMD. I am not familiar with the usage of either the
CHARMM or AMBER software programs so I do not know what they offer.

Any input appreciated. Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson <gjohnson_at_srrc.ars.usda.gov>
U. S. Department of Agriculture