Re: success with opteron myrinet mpi etc

From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 10:16:54 CST

Hi Damon

Can you place your list to success with opteron-myrinet-mpi on the NAMD
wiki pages under the appropriate heading?

Thanks
Brian

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Damon Smith wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think I just had a win getting namd with fftw and tcl to compile on
> our opteron cluster.
> Basically this combination: Linux amd64(opteron) mpi gm2(myrinet)
>
> I read an email on the list from April about TCL not working, I had the
> same problem, and I found that adding:
> -DUSE_NON_CONST to the TCLFLAGS var made it compile without all the
> const and conversion errors. I also set it to use tcl8.4 as it was
> using -ltcl8.3 in the Linux-amd64.tcl config.
>
> Thanks for the source bundle Gengbin. Now we get to do it all again
> when our Power5 cluster comes in a few weeks :)
>
> If anyone's interested in the install notes, I've got the complete
> process listed.
>
> Damon

**Brian Bennion, Ph.D. **
**Computational and Systems Biology Division **
**Biology and Biotechnology Research Program **
**Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory **
**P.O. Box 808, L-448 bennion1_at_llnl.gov **
**7000 East Avenue phone: (925) 422-5722 **
**Livermore, CA 94550 fax: (925) 424-6605 **