Re: turning off fixed atoms in the middle of simulation

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 11:15:47 CST

Hi,

You need to specify "fixedAtomsForces on" in your initial configuration
(back where you originally have "fixedAtoms on"). NAMD normally would
skip interactions between fixed atoms, which improves performance if you
have a large number of them. Using "fixedAtomsForces on" causes these
interactions to be calculated, so that "fixedAtoms off" just has to
disable the code in the integrator that keeps fixed atoms from moving.

-Jim