Re: NAMD on Linux cluster with Myrinet

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 13:28:36 CDT

Like I mentioned before in many circumstances, Intel C++ compiler 8 (7
was fine) is buggy for running NAMD and you have to try your luck since
different architectures the compiler works in slightly different way in
compiler optimization and things may break in mysterious way. New intel
patch may fix some of the problems and that's why NAMD *started* to work
just recently on NCSA's xeon clusters with icc. I assume NCSA ia64 with
icc works fine since I have not heard much of complain recently.

Gengbin