hanging at startup phase

From: allison (aheath_at_houston.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 14:00:25 CDT

Hello,
I am fairly new to using NAMD. I am trying to run it on a cluster running
Debian where each node has 2 processors. If I launch two processes on one
node using charmrun everything works fine. If I try to use multiple nodes
everything works fine until:
Info: Entering startup phase 0 with 22577 kB of memory in use

If I just try to use two nodes it gets further into the startup phase with:
Info: REMOVING COM VELOCITY -0.0259478 -0.0273245 -0.014764

Both times it just hangs at the those lines. I haven't let it run for more
than about an hour before just killing it. One of the nodes shows two namd
processes running full tilt, but all of the other spawned processes on the
other nodes are sleeping. I asked a few people I know who have run similar
namd simulations and they said they had never seen it take this long.

Any idea about what's going on? or a way I could get more information about
what it's trying to do at these points?

Thank you

Allison Heath