From: AHMET BAKAN (ABAKAN_at_KU.EDU.TR)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 21:09:45 CDT
I am making some binding simulations. To get an idea of binding energy (BE) I simply perform the calculation E(binding) = E(complex) ? [E(protein) + E(inhibitor)].
What I want to calculate is the energy of hyrdoren bondings between two chains either as simulation takes place or when analyzing trajectory file.
What I found to make use of is Pair Interaction Calculations. I give the list of possible h-bonding atom pairs and get forces. My questions are:
- Is there a way to update the list, since after long simulation some pairs are lost and new pairs are formed.
- I get total force on atoms, how should I change this to energy?
- Is the total attraction force between two chains within the cutoff distance a reliable measure of binding?
Also, I want to ask some more general questions:
- Is there a better measure of BE or method for calculating BE with NAMD.
- Will it be possible to make an extensive use of TCL commands like atomselect within NAMD?
Thanks in advance for any kind of advice,
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Wed Feb 29 2012 - 15:38:36 CST