still problems with namdplot

From: Cheri M Turman (Cheri.M.Turman_at_uth.tmc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 14:13:57 CDT

Hi all,
I had this problem earlier but I got distracted and I am just now
getting back to it. Jim Philips advised me to use the new script with
xmgrace, which is what I am currently using. I no longer get the
message: "Read ended, non-numeric found on line at or near beginning of
file." but now I get xmgrace to open, give the filename as title, put
TS as default on x axis, but no title on y axis and no data points.
The x axis only goes from 0 to 1...well actually it goes 0, 0, 1. I
don't think it is an xmgrace issue because I use it as a standalone
program analyzing my VMD output files and it works fine and I have
checked that I have all dependencies for xmgrace installed on my
system. I have played with altering the log file and nothing seems to
change. I get no error messages and the console reads as follows:

linuxbox:~/NAMD_2.5b1_Linux-i686$ ./namdplot TOTAL P2D6_wb_sim1.log
ETITLE: TS BOND ANGLE DIHED IMPRP ELECT VDW BOUNDARY MISC KINETIC TOTAL
TEMP TOTAL2 TOTAL3 TEMPAVG PRESSURE GPRESSURE VOLUME PRESSAVG GPRESSAVG
Plotting TOTAL vs TS
[1] 18202

>From the echos in the script, I would think that I should get more info
in the console but I must admit that I don't know much about
scripting. Am I missing a subtle point? I got the script from the
website and copied it into a text editor then made it executable. Is
there anything else I need to do or does anyone have any ideas? I am
running Xandros 1.0.
Thanks,
Cheri

   Cheri M. Turman
   Graduate Student
   University of Texas-Houston Medical School
    6431 Fannin
    Houston, TX 77030 USA

    e-mail: cheri.m.turman_at_uth.tmc.edu
    Ph.: 713-500-6126