distance dependant dielectric constant

From: Wagener, M. (Markus) (markus.wagener_at_organon.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 06:58:43 CST

Dear all,

we want to run some simulation with namd and a
distance dependant dielectric constant. From the
manuals it is clear that that is not supported by the
current version of namd (V2.5).

In the namd mailing list I found a patch to
ComputeNonbondedUtil.C that introduces a distance dependant
dielectric constant. My question is whether this patch will
be included in a future version of namd together with a
proper configuration parameter in the namd configuration file?

Or are there other (better) ways to run a simulation with
distance dependant dielectric constant with namd?

Cheers,
Markus

 Dr. Markus Wagener
 NV Organon
 MDI-CMC RK2330          phone: +31-412-661380
 P.O. Box 20             FAX:   +31-412-662539
 5340 BH Oss             Email: markus.wagener_at_organon.com
 The Netherlands
This message, including attached files, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the use by the individual
and/or the entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized use,
dissemination of, or copying of the information contained herein is
not allowed and may lead to irreparable harm and damage for which
you may be held liable. If you receive this message in error or if
it is intended for someone else please notify the sender by
returning this e-mail immediately and delete the message.