Re: minimization scripts

From: Tim Isgro (timisgro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 16:53:33 CST

Hi Gerald,

Your script looks OK, but you may need to minimize your system for more
than 400 steps. The "gradient tolerance" value in your NAMD output file
can give you a decent idea as to how well-minimized your system is. It is
a measure of the local energy landscape slope. When the value gets down
to around 10 or 20 you can feel pretty good.

As always, check the final structure with VMD (<-shameless plug) to make
sure there are no messy contacts.

Tim