Re: mac clustering

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 00:10:28 CST

Hi,

 You can run charmrun with ++verbose to show more detailed info.
Basically I suspect this is due to the charmrun (on your front desktop)
sent its public internet IP to its compute nodes in subnet. The
problem is that inside the dhcp subnet, you cannot ping the front desktop
using its public IP, instead it should use its subnet ip (something like
192.168.0.1).
 To overcome this, you can run charumrun using ++useip with front node's
subnet ip, like:
 ./charmrun ... ++useip 192.168.0.1

 change 192.168.0.1 to the front node's subnet IP.

Gengbin