Re: Problems with minimization

From: Christopher Gillespie (gillescche_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2008 - 12:10:46 CST

Diego,

Problem 1: Box shrinking, maybe someone could correct me if I am wrong
but with minimization there should be no change in the box size since
no atoms have velocities meaning no temperature or pressure to correct
for. So as of right now I am not sure why the box appears to change
while the xsc file shows it does not.

Problem 2: Log file, the output from the minimization or any other
run will require you to use the following command line

charmrun namd2 +p7 /home/Diego/Diego/NAMD_2.6_Linux-amd64/
fascin_structures/wild_type/wt_2.conf > min.log

The output files you generated with the $outputfile variable are
exactly what it is supposed to create but the log file requires you to
add the " > filename.log " to the command line.

Hopefully that helps.

I would check on the "box" you display in VMD there may be something
incorrect about the way it is being displayed and not from the dcd file.

Chris