Re: Force field parameters

From: Ramya Gamini (ramyabhargavi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 12:05:41 CST

Hi !
Well, you are almost right, not just lipo proteins but a system consisting
of both lipids and proteins (for instance, lipid membrane and a channel
protein), would require the use of par_all27_prot_lipid.inp.
If your system consists of protein, the use of par_all27_prot_lipid.inp,
will not harm, since only parameters relevant for your system will be read.
The other way is fatal though, ie, if you are using a system -lipids and
protein, you just cannot use par_all27_prot.inp .
Hope its clear.

Best
Ramya