Re: dcd to pdb conversion

From: Eric H. Lee (ericlee_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 03:39:09 CDT

You can use the tool catdcd to do this. Simply save the indices of
your backbone atoms to a file, and use it as the input for catdcd
along with your trajectory.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/catdcd/

-Eric

On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:28 AM, Ayşe Özlem Aykut wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to save the coordinates of backbone atoms of a
> protein from a trajectory file in pdb format. I am trying to do this
> by using vmd unix command options.I tried to use writepdb command
> but it was unsuccesful as it won't append the frames but overwrite
> them . Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ozlem

Eric H. Lee
Medical Scholars Program
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, UIUC
ericlee_at_ks.uiuc.edu