Re: The correct topology/parameter file and pgn

From: S.K. Ghosh (skg30_at_cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 13:48:41 CDT

Hi NAMD users,

I have received the attached topology file for biotin.

But I am getting the following errors when I am using this file to run
psfgen to create the psf for biotin-streptavidin.

ERROR! Failed to parse autogenerate statement. duplicate residue key BTN
will be ignored ERROR! Explicit exclusions or fluctuating charges not
supported, atom ignored. ......

I think this is because the topology file is not in CHARMM format.

The pgn file that I am using contains:

package require psfgen
topology top_all27_prot_lipid.inp
topology btn.inp
pdbalias residue HIS HSE
pdbalias atom ILE CD1 CD
segment SA {pdb strepA.pdb}
coordpdb strepA.pdb SA
segment SB {pdb strepB.pdb}
coordpdb strepB.pdb SB
segment SC {pdb strepC.pdb}
coordpdb strepC.pdb SC
segment SD {pdb strepD.pdb}
coordpdb strepD.pdb SD
segment BA {pdb btnA.pdb}
coordpdb btnA.pdb BA
segment BB {pdb btnB.pdb}
coordpdb btnB.pdb BB
segment BC {pdb btnC.pdb}
coordpdb btnC.pdb BC
segment BD {pdb btnD.pdb}
coordpdb btnD.pdb BD
guesscoord
writepdb bs.pdb
writepsf bs.psf

StrepA is just the ATOM records for segment A of protein from the pdb file
for streptavidin-biotin from pdb database and likewise btnA is just HETATM
records for one biotin molecule from the same pdb file.

If this is due to improper format, may I get the ff top and par files for
biotin in CHARMM format please.

Look forward to getting your help.

Thanks very much.
Sourav