What does "cellOrigin" really mean?

From: bo liu (liubo.njuer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 05:48:45 CDT

Hi all users

I am bogged down by a common concept in NAMD: cellOrigin.

I set the cellOrigin to be the center(measure center) of my system as the
tutorial does.
After the simulation completed, i used pbctools to load the .xst file into
VMD.
And the periodic box turns out to be like pic1(attached). This seems odd
anyway...
I suppose the cell box should wrap the system in most cases and the
cellOrigin should be
the center of periodic cell as the manual indicates.

However, my experiment shows that the cellOrigin actually means the origin
of cell basis vectors?

Maybe I have misunderstand what the "cellOrigin" really means... NEED HELP!

Regards and Many Thanks!

Yours

--
-Liu bo
Computational Biology, Nano-bio systems: MD method;

pic1.JPG