Tcl "loadtotalforces" question (forces never seem to be saved)

From: Christopher Calderon (calderon_at_rice.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 11:51:23 CST

Dear NAMD users,

I noticed that some others have posted question related to
"loadtotalforces", but i cannot seem to get the posted solutions to
work either. My problem is in calling this loadtotalforces command in
a tcl script (the two lines below contained in my "calcforces"
procedure).

    loadtotalforces pp
   if {[array exists pp]} {
   print "Coordinate success"
  } else {
   print "Coordinate Failure"
  }

 loadcoords pp
   if {[array exists pp]} {
   print "Force success"
  } else {
   print "Force Failure"
  }

the loadcoords prints "Success" at every timestep whereas the
loadtotalforces command prints "Failure" for each time step. do you
need to do something either in the input file or in the tcl script to
let namd know to save the forces from previous time steps for a
loadtotalforces call?

i am using namd 2.6b1 and i have encountered this problem on both unix
and windows versions of this code. any help in getting this to work
would be appreciated.

thanks,
chris