Periodic cell size

From: Suxing Hu (suxing_at_t4.lanl.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 10:06:24 CST

Hi all:

I am using the NAMD to simulate ultracold plasmas, which basically consist of
all charged particles. Such a system is quite extended, normally have a spatial
size of 50umx50umx100um. I am testing for ~500 particles starting almost from
zero velocity, but it shows at the first time step the particle velocities being
huge (>10^15), and even nan (not a number).

Are there any limits on the size of periodic cell in NAMD? PME is turned on in
my simulation tests.

Thanks,

Suxing Hu