Variation of results in iterations

From: Pijush Ghosh (pijush.ghosh_at_ndsu.nodak.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 17:25:43 CST

NAMD Friends,
       I have a question.

                  When we run simulations(optimisation or MD) for any
system under identical condition three times, we end up with results
which are not exactly same but
vary within a range, which we denote by error bar in the plot. My
question is inspite of everything remaining same, what could be the
possible reasons giving rise to
these differences in results? Is it because of computation error ? or
anywhere in calculation in NAMD any other parameters involved which
causes so.

      Any suggestions and references highly appreciated.

Pijush Ghosh.