Re: Layers

From: LEWYN LI (ll2150_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 13:38:13 CST

Laura,

         I am not sure exactly what you mean, but here are a couple of
thoughts:

1. In the configuration file, you could specify all the atoms you would
like to "fix" i.e. hold constant in space. It requires that you put a
"1.00" in the B- or O-column in the pdb. For more info, you could just
google "fixedatom NAMD".

2. Why would you like to simulate with only two layers of water? My
understanding is that a protein simulation should have at least 3-5 water
layers around it to ensure proper electrostatic shielding and water
dynamics, especially if you use periodic boundary conditions.

3. The tutorials at the NAMD website is a great resource for how to
perform a simulation. The URL is:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-html/

         Hope this helps. Good luck!

                                                         LEWYN