Edge Water in PBC

From: Cetin Baloglu (cetinb_at_su.sabanciuniv.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 05:01:40 CST

Hi,

I am running a protein dynamics with namd using PB conditions, when checking
the first equilibration trajectory , I observe water molecules at the edges
leaving the box. Water molecules leaving the box something expected, but
removal of a portion at whole is something weird I guess , although my protein
moves the opposite side of the box.

I am also having a coor file problem, vmd does not open it, but namd accepts
same coor files as input. vmd says

Inconsistent atom count in file 'lyz_300.coor'.
ERROR) Could not read file lyz_300.coor

I have used different molecules and combinations for test, even coor files
produced after namd tutorials failed to open.

Here below is my config file, also picture of my protein with strange? water
movement is
http://students.sabanciuniv.edu/~cetinb/namd/lys.jpg

I will also be glad if you comment on this conf. file .

Thanks for advance.
Cetin Baloglu

set TEMP 305
coordinates lyz_305.coor