CMAP in CHARMM force field

From: Jorge Pikunic (jorge.pikunic_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 12:27:47 CDT

Hi,

Does NAMD support the CMAP procedure developed by MacKerrell (Journal of
Computational Chemistry, 25: 1400-1415,2004). The force fields available
in MacKerell's website (parameter and topology files) use the CMAP
procedure. As far as I can see, that is the only difference (relevant to
CMAP, etc.) between, say, par_all27_prot_lipid.inp and
par_all27_prot_lipid.prm. Is that right? If so, can I just take any of
the new "prm" files and delete the CMAP section? Or would that cause any
inconsistencies?

Thank you,

Jorge